Economical White PTFE tape
Thread seal tape for the budget minded. Suitable for low pressure, air, water and hydraulic applications. Particularly suited for plastic fittings.
The stuff readily found in the plumbing stores, hardwares and big box lumber yards is usually 0.35 g/cm3 of PTFE. Our economical wrap has twice the ptfe, 0.7 g/cm3.
The density of the PTFE in the tape goes a long way to determining the tapes quality.
An easy way to compare different wraps is to open a roll and squeeze the roll.
The standard big box store low density ptfe tape will deflect more than our economical wrap and our economical wrap will deflect more than our premium wraps. That is directly related to the amount of PTFE in the tape.
The amount of voids in the PTFE tape will effect the quality of the tape.
Width of PTFE tape is determined by the size of the threads.
- 1/4″ wide tape is good for 1/8″ through 1/4″ threads.
- 1/2″ wide tape is good for 3/8″ through 1-1/4″ threads.
- 3/4″ wide tape is good for 3/4″ through 2″ threads.
- 1″ wide tape is good for 3″ through 4″ threads.
- For thread sealing 1-3 wraps is recommended
Do you need one of our five other types of PTFE tapes to meet your needs?