O-ring Ports are the preferred port connection for use in hydraulic systems on industrial equipment and commercial products. The adjustable O-ring fittings described in this section provide a variety of options for connections between tube, hose and pipe ends.
- Thread conforms to ISO 263 and ANSI B1.1 Unified
- Port conforms to ISO 11926 and SAE J1926
- These SAE O-ring Boss fittings are commonly called straight thread O-ring fittings.
- Pitch and diameter are measured in inches
- Threads are parallel and requires o-ring for pressure tight connection
- Thread angle is 60°
|SAE Dash Size||Nominal Tube OD (inch)||Thread Size||37° Flared Tube Ends (psi)||37° Female Swivels (psi)||SAE BOSS Studs (psi)||SAE Boss Adjustable Studs (psi)|
|-02||1/8||5/16 24 UNF||5,000||5,000||5,000||5,000|
|-03||3/16||3/8 24 UNF||5,000||5,000||5,000||5,000|
|-04||1/4||7/16 20 UNF||5,000||4,500||5,000||4,500|
|-05||5/16||1/2 20 UNF||5,000||4,000||5,000||4,000|
|-06||3/8||9/16 18 UNF||5,000||4,000||5,000||4,000|
|-08||1/2||3/4 16 UNF||4,500||4,000||4,500||4,000|
|-10||5/8||7/8 14 UNF||3,500||3,000||3,500||3,000|
|-12||3/4||1-1/16 12 UN||3,500||3,000||3,500||3,000|
|-14||7/8||1-3/16 12 UN||3,000||2,500||3,000||2,500|
|-16||1||1-5/16 12 UN||3,000||2,500||3,000||2,500|
|-20||1-1/4||1-5/8 12 UN||2,500||2,000||2,500||2,000|
|-24||1-1/2||1-7/8 12 UN||2,000||1,500||2,000||1,500|
|-32||2||2-1/2 12 UN||1,500||1,125||1,500||1,125|
|SAE Dash Size||Nominal Pipe OD (inch)||Thread Size NPTF & NPSM||Fittings w/ NPTF Pipe Threads (psi)||Fittings w/ NPSM Female Swivel (psi)|
NPTF – Dryseal American Standard Taper Pipe Thread
NPSM – American Standard Straight Pipe Thread for Mechanical Joints
Non-Adjustable Port End Assembly
- Inspect components to ensure that male and female port threads and sealing surfaces are free of burrs, nicks, and scratches, or any foreign material.
- If o-ring or seal is not pre-installed to fitting male port end, install proper size o-ring or seal, taking care not to damage it.
- Lubricate o-ring with light coating of system fluid or a compatible lubricant to help the o-ring slide past the port entrance corner and avoid damaging it.