Tough Jobs Gold PTFE Tape
Thickest and densest PTFE tape for chemical applications where high quality sealing is imperative.
This premium quality tape provides a positive seal with just one and a half wraps. It is tough and durable, and ideally suited to applications which demand exacting standards of reliability. Gold Tape creates positive seals on threaded metal pipe joints.
- Approved for use by gas utilities world-wide
- Suitable for use with cyanide service
- Specially developed for use in critical service wherever applications requiring U.L. or U.L.C. rating is
- important for insurance.
HOW TO APPLY GOLD PTFE TAPE
To obtain best results when using Gold Tape, always wrap in the direction of the spiral. Begin with the second thread from the end and make two complete wraps…tight enough for the tape to conform to the thread shape. Now press the tape firmly into the grooves and tighten the joint. Gold Tape will fill all the voids and provide a sound, positive seal…every time.
GOLD PTFE TAPE SPECIFICATIONS
- Material: PTFE
- Color: Gold
- Thickness: 0.0045 inch
- Density: Full
- Temperature Range: Effective from -450°F to 500°F
- Max. working pressure: 2500 psig
- Widths: ¼ , ½ , ¾ , 1 inch
- (Pipes 2 inch and over should use ¾ inch or 1 inch tape).